THE NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY EXPERIENCE: RELIGIOUS PHASE.










 DISCLAIMER: This might come across as offensive to religious and nonreligious people. No apologies. I don’t care about your feelings.
 Christianity is used in this post because it is what I know and I’m too tired for research and don’t @ me.

For the sake of clarity, the religious phase in second year will be discussed using a twisted version of the Parable of The Sower (CC: Matthew, Mark , Luke & John (?) and find the chapters yourself).

The farmers in university could be a prayer warrior roommate, a fellowship stalking your existence, or a friend who succeeds in dragging you to a pastor deification ceremony-I mean night vigil (OOPS!). The seeds are scattered as thus:

The first seeds get to the “front benchers” in every class or lecture theatre. They claim to be devout Christians-more Catholic than the Pope, Deputy God/God in Diaspora, pray the loudest, CEOs of Gossip Incorporation and try to sell their messed up version of Christianity to every breathing thing on campus. These people are one of the most self-centred, rude and damaged people you’d find in university. Total bunch of ashakashas (You should know what this means by now!).

The second seeds get to the “Jesus soldiers” (literally). These students mean well and actively try to improve their relationship with the “oga at the top” but, they over indulge. The Church becomes their lecture hall, accommodation and even their course of study. Their academic lives suffer under an astonishing level of delusion that “living” in church will somehow give them the grades they deserve. Pray for these people, for they’re about to leave uni with a -1 CGPA.

The third seeds get to the “Bible Billboard” students, who shy away from having healthy conversations with their peers, because they cannot make valid arguments without bringing their faith into it. With these lots, the simplest of things are blown out of proportion because of the inability of their brains to differentiate between their faith and reality or even connect the two when necessary!!! 

The fourth seeds get to the students who succumb to the most moronic doctrines thought up by someone who was probably drinking vodka whilst reading the Bible. They come up with insane ideas like" no boyfriends/girlfriends", no ear piercings or trousers for the ladies and skirts that should leave the campus bereft of a speck of dust. They refuse to check out the Bible for themselves and see how people have manipulated and finessed the shit out of the word of God to suit their retarded minds.

The fifth gets to the “Hannah Montanas”. Moving mad on weekdays and Holy Marys on Sundays; Double lives; Miley Stewart and Hannah Montana. Pastors, head of choirs and the farmers themselves who shag like rabbits on the weekdays fall into this category. This is all I’ve got to say. Their issue is in God's hands and I wouldn't wanna interfere.

The sixth gets to the undercover non-religious folks. They realize that they have no concrete reason for going to church, but decide to go anyway to avoid stares from their classmates or suggestive questions from their parents. However, one day, the light must overcome the dark. The light is their real belief that Christianity is a" scam" and they want nothing to do with it. They either end up as atheists or take up a new religion (Hi Buddha!).

The seventh gets to the “main people”, the real Christians. These people are one of the most wonderful set of people in uni. They understand the love of Christ and try to share it with anyone they come across. They’re the best people to talk to about burdens and they don’t try to shove their faiths down your throat. Hold on to these people because they shall bring you peace and clarity of mind.

OGA AT THE TOP: A way of referring to someone you hold in high regards in Nigeria. An explanation of its origin can send me to jail.
The above picture is a lame attempt at forming a cross. I can't be stealing pictures from Google before someone comes to collect me with all the heavy law terms and sue my destiny away. I'm just a broke uni student.

Comments

  1. People trying to shove religion down my throat irritate me everytime. As an atheist I don't discuss religion but when somebody comes out of the blue and says "Have you heard about Jesus?" that's when I tell them I'm atheist just to see the reaction. Most of them instantly begin to hate you but, I've learned to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get your pain bro and I'm totally Christian. This is a satire lol.

      Delete
  2. I kinda see myself as a 61/2, I go cause I have to, and I try not to shove my business up people's faces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So which paragraph do you think you belong to ?

      Delete
  3. Hehe, you have done it again boy.
    "Deputy God" lol, this one off me.
    Religion is basically how you choose to worship. Just like reading, you have to find what works for you. No one has the right to force theirs on others or make them feel/look bad for having something different. Dope work bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hell, Ifeanyi?? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Dafuq?? Where do you fall? I follow for the main people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly! Most Nigerians use religion as a free pass to be totally unreasonable and senseless. So many people do foolish things and justify it with the Bible and you wonder if they're reading it upside down. We're all on a path to follow Christ. No one needs to judge others for what they're doing. Only God can. And Nigerians can also be hypocrites. Being all holy holy in public and doing nonsense behind closed doors. I see right through y'all. I'm Christian myself. Just putting it out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly! On the day of rapture, the most unexpected people will levitate! All the ones making noise will look up and think "must be nice" LOOOOOL.
      Aptly said Temilade! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
    2. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ

      Delete
  6. Shag like rabbts๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ off me. Wonderful work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts